Thursday, November 26, 2009

American Health Care

I had tiny misshap at dinner on Friday. In the new dining hall you can choose from several different pasta dishes in on day, they serve 5-6 differen ones with one being the chefs choice of the day. Yesterday the special was thai linguni with chicken breast and soy sauce. According to the sign there were nothing I couldnt eat in it. They are usually very specific.. And I always avoid the pine pesto. I took one bite to realized that my troath began to itch. Walked back to the Cook and asked if there were nuts in it? No and you asked for nothing on it. I go: are you sure? He says well there is no peanuts, but there is peanuts sauce in it. I replied im not supposed to eat that. Left my plate and began to walk back to my dorm. I could feel how my lips where getting bigger and bigger. Ahh… Got a little panic and called a friend from my com class. That I knew were on campus, had a car and knew that i was allergic. We drove to the hospital. Weird. Took 10 min for registretion then 10 min before first doctor checked up on me. Then after 10 min came the chief and checked up on me and then 10 min after that came the nurse with two shots and two pills. Stayed for about an hour or two. Feeling ok now. Thanks for the assistance!

Ps. Always keep an health insurance card with an American adress with you. They didn’t take either of my European ones (recomended by my Swedish school) so I’m gonna get a bill in the mail.

[Via http://myusablog.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment