Sunday, December 20, 2009

1873.

That’s what the standard of internet was like in Winter Park.

Hence the lack of updates in the past few days.

Even getting this one online has been a monumental struggle.

Very briefly, before I crash and sleep for 12 hours after 6 days racing out of the past 7, an update from the NorAms in Winter Park..

First up, Super G.

One of my favourite events on a very real, very fast hill, an interesting challenge having not done ANY speed training since September.

Unbelievably day 1 saw another Australian sweep of the podium, however this time it was Toby on top, with Cam pipping me for second by around 3 tenths…

Around 6 gates from the bottom I caught my hand up while dragging it, went down on my hip for a moment and went powder skiing for a few turns. Somehow I kept it going and snuck in front of Adam Hall (NZ) by just 3 hundredths of a second. It was a little disappointing that I couldn’t give Toby a real run for his money, but there were promising signs all the same.

Next up was the Super Combined.

It started out well, I was 4th after the Super G leg.

I made a little error up top, but was happy that I skied the bottom really well after it caused me trouble on day 1.

The Slalom leg, historically my weakest, was less  successful and as expected I slipped back a little, finishing in 6th.

Toby took out the win again, with Cam in 2nd and Canadian, Matt Hallat 3rd.

The hectic movements continue, off to Denver in the morning, Zurich on Sunday.

I’ll attempt to give a better explanation of our schedule at a later date, but for now, this will have to do.

Mitch.

Add to: Facebook | Digg | Del.icio.us | Stumbleupon | Reddit | Blinklist | Twitter | Technorati | Yahoo Buzz | Newsvine

[Via http://mitchgourley.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment