Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gourmet: Cioppino

This is an assorted seafood in a spicy white wine tomato broth with garlic bruschetta.

This popular dish at Gio’s gives you a good amount of seafood, very large shrimps,

mussels, clams, fish, baby crab legs…you name it.

The seafood was very fresh and the timing handled well, nothing was overcooked.

The tangy flavors of the wine and tomato broth were well balanced,

the texture was just right, not too soupy and not too thick.

I only wish they had served more bruschetta for me to clean the clay pot;

if I didn’t sit next to the window, I would have licked it.

But, maybe it tasted especially good because I was celebrating my 5th anniversary with Bill,

we were at Urbana 2009. Many good things to say about the conference, maybe later.

Gio’s Downtown

701 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63101

(314) 241-2424

[Via http://tangyserenity.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment